We at Adventus are committed to the responsible exploration, development and operation of our assets and projects. Our commitment is founded on the pillars of trust, transparency and accountability.
- We are committed to building constructive relationships with our communities. We operate in an ethical manner and our actions respect the rights and interests of all affected stakeholders.
- We proactively engage with those most likely to be affected by our activities and ensure that relevant information is shared with interested communities and individuals in a timely manner.
- We comply with all applicable laws and regulations for our projects and activities. We aspire to meet or exceed international standards and good practices and to regularly communicate our performance to our communities and stakeholders.
Our approach at Adventus is aligned with the International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM) 10 Principles for Sustainable Development and with the Mining Association of Canada’s Towards Sustainable Mining Guiding Principles. We commit to:
|Governance & Ethics
|● Operate in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
● Operate and maintain our business through ethical conduct.
● Maintain policies and procedures to prevent bribery, corruption.
● Disclose payments to government.
● Ensure accountability for sustainability performance at the senior executive level.
& Risk Management
|● Incorporate sustainability principles into investment and design decisions.
● Consider how our stakeholders may be affected by our actions.
● Consider sound science in our risk management strategies.
● Consider stakeholder perceptions and impacts in the risk assessment process.
● Implement controls to avoid, prevent, minimize, mitigate, or remedy negative effects.
|● Respect the rights of workers and not engage in practices of forced or child labour.
● Respect the rights, interests, and cultures of Indigenous Peoples.
● Support the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
● Support the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
● Where applicable, work to obtain free, prior, and informed consent of Indigenous Peoples.
● Respect the rights and interests of women and support diversity in the workplace.
|Health & Safety
|● Prioritize the health and safety of our employees, contractors and communities.
● Monitor health and safety performance.
● Maintain a system that continually improves performance.
● Provide workers, including contractors with appropriate training.
& Waste Management
|● Apply the mitigation hierarchy for environmental management in all stages of the project lifecycle.
● Implement a transparent and collaborative water management strategy that considers stakeholders in its development.
● Respect legally designated protected areas.
● Assess and address risks and impacts to biodiversity and ecosystem services using the mitigation hierarchy.
● Ensure responsible use, recycling and disposal of natural resources, materials, and energy.
● Appropriately manage the use and disposal of hazardous wastes.
|● Work with local communities to identify and support development priorities.
● Support and prioritize local employment and procurement.
● Maintain a formal and transparent grievance resolution process.
● Endeavour to provide lasting benefits to local communities.
● Where appropriate, support environmental and social improvements for legal artisanal and small-scale mining.
|● Proactively identify stakeholders potentially affected by our activities.
● Openly, transparently and respectfully engage with stakeholders on key issues.
● Be responsive to community priorities, needs and interests.
● Support implementation of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
For more information on our commitments and approaches to environmental and community matters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org